FACT SHEET- Academic Year 2014-2015
Established in 1969 | 4500 students | 3 campuses
- Accounting and Information Systems (BA)
- Bioinformatics (BSc)
- Business Administration (BA & MBA)
- Computer Sciences (BSc)
- Electro-Optics Engineering (BSc)
- Electronics Engineering (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (BSc)
- Nursing (BSN)
- Software Engineering (BSc)
- Telecommunication Systems Engineering (MSc)
Core Research at JCT
- Applied Electronics (biomedical optics, electromagnetics)
- Applied Mathematics and Physics Modeling
- Computerized Data Information (data mining, satellite communications)
- Electro‐optics (defense systems and imaging, laser technology)
- Medical sensing and imaging
- Nano Technology and Non‐conventional Optics
Promoting Social Change at JCT
Integrating Haredim into the Workforce
- Over 1,800 Haredi students at JCT.
- Over 1,200 studying Engineering and Technology.
- Over 500 studying Business and Management.
- 89% employment rate (77% in their field).
Advancing Ethiopians in Israel
- 1st engineering college to take up the challenge.
- 138 Ethiopian students currently studying at JCT.
- 120 graduates with Bachelors’ and Master’s degrees.
- 99% employed, 85% employed in their fields.
- 550 Women studying Engineering.
- 500 Women studying Nursing.
- 600 Women studying Accounting and Business including over 70 in MBA programs.
- Virtually 100% of nursing students complete national accredition exams.
- Graduates have founded over 100 companies.
- Student Entrepreneurship Programs.
- 72 Women MBA graduates – employed at BDO, Deloitte, ECI, IAI, Bank Hapoalim, Migdal Insurance
- Graduates hold top management and R&D positions in the IDF and defense industry – Elta, El-op, Ophir Optronics, IAI.
Contributing to the Defense of Israel
- Over 10% of the elite Intelligence Corps “Cyber Warfare” Unit are Machon Lev alumni.
- Alumni developing sophisticated components for David’s Sling Defense Project.
- Alumni developed the electro-optic “eye” for the Arrow Missile Project and assisted the US in developing similar technology.
- Alumnus developed a revolutionary mathematic model to correct the focus of a satellite camera in space saving the satellite from decommission.
- Alumni in the Department of Defense and defense industries leading the development of special cameras for the satellite program.
- Alumni and faculty participating in the development, design, testing and implementation of state-of-the-art satellite security systems.
Prize winning graduates
- Top IDF prizes for technological innovations
- Alumnae regularly achieve highest scores on Nursing Board examinations.